Thursday 15 December 2011

Holiday Training

With the Holidays rolling up training tends to slow down alittle here in Halifax. All the university runners go home and the Track is always hell to get on with exams happening in the Feild house and than Holiday hours never match up with my training schedule. In the past it's always been my oppertunity to get some real quality training in and set myself up for January's training well. Peter Lawson and I work a little harder and when all the varsity runners get back we see the pay off in there fat turkey belly's while we look better than ever. This year is going to be just as good if not better in that I have a new training partner that will be around straight through. I just got to make him do all the morning runs with me.

Two years ago I do 90min at 6am on Christmas morning on a beach in New Zealand, last year I ran around Bedford in the cold. This year I am going to run from Halifax to Bedford and than eat Roast Beef. Though it doesn't compare to two years ago, I will be with family, and will compete for my 5th Crokinole Title in 10 years. If you don't know what that is you can google it and what our family does is all that on steroids.

Going to hit a 100km week this week, which I am pleased with, I cracked out some serious Euro Training this week and am feeling a bit bigger than a usual 800m runner... I am or may not make a career move to the circus.

Happy Holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment