Saturday 30 April 2011

Penn Relays

 Overall this was a blast. I had a great time racing! It's taken a long time to get to this point but I am truly starting to enjoy racing. I have always loved the process and everything about being an athlete, but competing can be very stressful. It's losing some of it's stress and be replaced with absolute joy.

The race went OK. I ran 1.49 split which is not the greatest time, but isn't the worst time either. I had a lot left in the tank. I received the baton on no man's land. I was out of contention with the front but had a Kenyan in front of me to chase. I closed very well on him. It was really hard to gauge how fast I was going.

There was some drama though, as I was passing the baton the Kenyan who was right in front of me stopped dead after passing his baton and I ran directly into him and bounced off. I got the baton away alright. I hit the track and have two skinned knees. I think I might be a bit sore tomorrow after it all. It was another great experience and a lot of fun to be a part of.

I fly back to Arizona tomorrow and go straight up to Flagstaff! Thanks for all the support this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment